If you are 19+ your course funding is dependent on your eligibility, but you may qualify for support to help you with your studies.

If you live more than one mile away from our campus and your household income is less than £28,000 you may be eligible for a travel pass, or support with travel costs, up to a maximum of £60 a month.

Students who are aged 20 or above at the start of their course can apply for support with childcare costs directly through Hartlepool Sixth Form College.  

Those students who are applying for an Advanced Learner Loan must have this approved by Student Loans Company (SLC) to be eligible for help with childcare costs.

  • Household income must be below £28,000
  • Childcare providers must be Ofsted registered and costs are paid direct to the provider
  • Childcare provision is offered at a rate of £4.50 per hour, for timetabled hours
  • Students who are unemployed must first use their government funded free hours with the sixth form contributing towards the remaining hours
  • Childcare is awarded for children 0-12 years and capped at two children

You may be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner loan to help with the costs of your course if you're aged 19 and over studying a vocational, technical or professional qualification at Hartlepool Sixth Form College. 

To find out more, visit the government website here.

We have experienced staff available who can talk you through studying if you are unemployed. Advice is available about the fee remission policy, hours of study, clarification of the Jobseekers' Allowance regulations, and we can also give guidance on the possible effects of studying whilst on a disability benefit. 

If you're struggling due to your financial circumstances or have any questions about what support you may be eligible for, please speak to a member of the Finance Support team by emailing welfare@educationpartnershipne.ac.uk.

Complete your financial support application